Agnes Stasiak was born January 15, 1899 in Toledo, Ohio. Married William J. McInnes, they resided at 1522 Elm Street, Toledo, Ohio. She died April 20, 1939 and is buried in Ottawa Hills Memorial Park. Her death certificate listed “Ignatz Stasiak” as her father and “Pauline Blatski” as her mother.
Records from St. Hedwig’s indicate that Agnes was married twice. The records indicate that she married a John Najbar 6 July 1917. Click here to view records (2 pages). They divorced some time in the 1930's. She married William J. McInnes. William was born about 1883 in Michigan and died 1968 in Toledo, Ohio.
L-R Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Agnes Stasiak, John Najbar, Unknown, Martin Najbar
Joannes Najbar (first spouse to Agnes Stasiak):
His parents are Josephi Najbar and Constantiae. Joannes (Jan or John) was born about 1886 in Iskrzynia, Krosno, Galacia, Poland. He married Agneta Stasiak on 6 Jul 1917 in St. Hedwig Catholic Church, Toledo, OH (St. Hedwig Catholic Church, Toledo, OH, Marriages: 1907-1921, p. 73) Jan's place of birth and parents names are from this marriage record.
Children of Jan and Agnes are:
1. Stanislaum (Stanley) Najbar. He was born 16 Dec 1918 in Toledo, Lucas, OH. He died 15 Nov 1923 in St. Vincent's Hospital, Toledo, Lucas, OH. (See newspaper article below about Stanley's death from the Toledo Blade, 15 Nov 1923). He was interred 17 Nov 1923 in Calvary Cemetery, Toledo, Lucas, OH.
2. Carolinam (Caroline) Najbar. She was born 28 Jun 1920 in Toledo, Lucas, OH. She died 2 Aug 1998 in Mercy Hospital, Wilkes-Barre, PA. She married a man by the name of Rysz.
3. Josepham (Josephine) Najbar. She was born 30 Mar 1922 in Toledo, Lucas, OH. She is deceased. Her married name is Prajsmar (no spouse's name known). She died in Poland.
4. Helenam (Helen) Najbar. She was born 13 May 1924 in Toledo, Lucas, OH. She married a man by the name of Szajna. She survives.
5. Stanislavam (Stella) Najbar. She was born 20 Sep 1927 in Toledo, Lucas, OH. She married a man by the name of Hajduk. She survives and lives in Poland.
The 1930 Toledo census states that Caroline, Josephine and Helen Najbar all resided at St. Anthony's Orphanage. St. Anthony's Orphanage records state that the three girls were admitted 23 Oct 1929 due to their mother deserting them and were returned to their father on 21 May 1931.
Stella, on the other hand, lived at 37 Bronson St., Toledo, Lucas, OH in the 1930 census with the C. John Reiter family. Her father, Jan, lived at 39 Bronson. It is unknown why three of the girls went to the orphanage and the youngest to a neighbor. It is also unknow what the relationship was between Mr. Reiter and Jan Najbar...possibly just a friend of his.
Stanley Najbar (see newspaper article below: Toledo Blade November 15, 1923)